Statement of PPA Data Privacy Principles
PPA values the trust and confidence placed on us by our members to handle their personal and account information confidential and securely. PPA members expect us to maintain their information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft, and free from unwarranted disclosure.
In addressing data privacy and data security issues, in addition to complying with applicable privacy laws and regulations, PPA shall follow these principles:
- Recognize the importance of privacy and data security to our members;
- Limit the sharing of a member’s personal information with third parties to those circumstances necessary to administer a member’s account, enhance member services, promote legitimate marketing activities, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law, and standard industry practices;
- When member personal information is shared with third parties for marketing purposes, to the extent required by applicable laws, members should be provided an opportunity to restrict the sharing of such information, or member consent should be procured prior to the sharing of such personal information;
- Enter into agreements, where required by various laws and regulations, and as consistent with good business practices, with third parties (whether affiliated or non-affiliated) receiving member personal information from PPA, including non-public personal information and protected health information, providing that the third party will handle that information in a manner that is consistent with PPA policies, applicable law, and industry practice;
- When transferring member data cross-border, analyze the data flows to ensure compliance with laws applicable to the restriction of cross-border data flows;
- Comply with applicable laws, including any Do Not Call and Do Not Spam legislation, in relation to conducting business via the Internet, email marketing, telemarketing, direct mail marketing and legislation regarding identifying numbers;
- Establish procedures and safeguards consistent with applicable law and PPA policies to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of member information.
The PPA recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data. Members may choose not to provide us with the requested personal data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to do business with you.
From time to time PPA may use members personal information for purposes relating to our business with members including, but not limited to, for the purposes of processing your application and any other administration relevant to your PPA account, any policy issued by PPA, for PPA’s internal purposes, to manage and promote the business activities of PPA, to meet requirements imposed by law and for marketing and promotional purposes. In connection with these purposes, the personal data may be made available locally and affiliated companies and to any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative or other services to PPA or any member of the PPA.
Members have the right to access, and request the correction of members’ personal data. Requests for access and correction should be addressed in writing to:
PRIVATE PENSION ADMINISTRATOR MALAYSIA 1008454-W
Level 6, Menara Mudajaya, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 1300-131-PPA (772)